The Friends of Kentucky Libraries is a nonprofit organization made up of individuals and local Friends chapters and local boards of trustees who support and celebrate Kentucky’s libraries.
– a network of library supporters from across the state sharing ideas and news
– a source of assistance for creating or revitalizing your local Friends of the Library Chapter
– a unified voice to advocate for your library and all Kentucky Libraries
LATEST BLOG POSTS:
- Summer/Fall 2020 FKL NewsletterCheck out our latest newsletter here – Summer-Fall 2020, to see what we’ve been up to! SOCIAL DISTANCING BOOK SALE IDEA—Drive Thru Booksale Most all of the typical friends fundraising efforts have been suspended during the pandemic. As libraries resume service and life slowly returns to normal, creativity is crucial […]
- Timeless Quotes about Libraries from Dr. Thomas D. ClarkDr. Thomas D. Clark is considered the dean of Kentucky historians. The Kentucky General Assembly named him Kentucky’s Historian Laureate for Life. He was primarily responsible for the establishment of the Kentucky State Archives and the building of both the Department for Libraries and Archives Building and the Kentucky History […]
- October 2020 website changesBetty Boles Ellison’s detailed history of Andrew Carnegie and the library he created can now be found under “Articles”, or the following URL https://friendskylibraries.files.wordpress.com/2020/08/carnegie-libraries-4.pdf Grants page has been updated to reflect the Friends of Kentucky Libraries had planned to provide additional grants in 2020, but with the obstacles of COVID-19 […]
- Letter to the EditorLife is extremely rewarding and not scary when you are doing good deeds to benefit others. Please call your friends and neighbors and check on them. They will get such pleasure from your calls. Do not forget that family and friends are the real treasures on earth and the real heroes now are those in the front lines during this pandemic– the doctors, nurses, EMS personnel, and the army of folks tending to our medical needs and at times paying the ultimate price for doing so. Please pray for the families who have lost loved ones and do your part by being kind to everyone during this pandemic. Life is way too short. Please do something nice today for someone other than yourself. That way you will enjoy life much more than you ever thought possible.
- Productive Chaos“My favorite things to build are complex and hard to understand. I like to think through internal components that you can’t even see from the outside, but that have to be right for the assembly to work. I come up with my greatest designs when I’m listening to music; it […]
Let Us Know About Your Events!
Let us help you promote meetings, legislative activities, and book sales! For a recent list of statewide events the FKL have participated in, please visit our “Events” page. Send your flyers, articles, or event info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Friends of Kentucky Libraries 2019 ~ All Rights Reserved