Friends of Kentucky Libraries supports libraries by:
- Mentoring newly formed or revitalized local chapters
- Facilitating annual Meet & Greets with local officials and state legislators in local libraries statewide
- Supporting Kentucky Public Library Association’s Library Legislative Day in Frankfort each year
- Encouraging networking among local Friends chapters
- Supporting the Sister Library Program
- Hosting a website that provides information and guidance for Friends on a variety of topics
- Providing grants to local chapters for filing for 501(c)(3) applications with the IRS
- Recognizing outstanding contributions by local chapters and individual Friends
- Participating annually in the KY delegation to National Library Legislation Day in Washington, DC
Awards – The Friends of Kentucky Libraries couldn’t do what we do without the dedication and support of both individual members and Friends chapters throughout the state. Visit our Awards page to help us celebrate recent honorees and to nominate the folks you think are deserving of statewide recognition!
Grants for Library Projects – FKL has established two grant programs for Friends chapter members. Visit our Grants page for details and qualifications on these programs:
- $400 Grant to partially reimburse federal nonprofit application filing fees
- $200 Grant to assist with travel costs for participants in the Sister Libraries Project
Newsletters – Members receive our quarterly Friends CONNECT newsletter via email. All newsletters are available in the Newsletter Archives as PDF files. Members are invited to send editorial contributions, articles, and news releases to Eunice Murphy editor.